Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Neighbourhood

As I take a stroll down the neighborhood in the evening, I hear little children screaming "Ah! He's going to catch me!" from the playground. I hear the ice-cream man's bell ringing from the void decks. As I look out, I catch a sight of the greeneries. Trees standing neatly in the row, like they are soldiers saluting to me as I walk pass them. When the wind blows, I hear fallen leaves rustling on the ground. A piece or two drops on my head before continuing it's journey onto the ground. As the LRT arrives, I hear little kids in their kindergarden uniform rushing down the stairs. Once in a while, I hear these kids shouting at the grandparents in chinese, "Faster! I wanna watch cartoons!" Trying to hurry them. Sometimes I do wonder how spoilt can these children be. I could also hear laughter after a minute or two, and spot some secondary school students taking their own sweet time, talking and slowly proceeding down the staircase. There would be a small crowd of middle-age workers coming down to. All in a hurry to rush home.

As the sun sets, and I proceed back home. The lift lobby as full of little kids and their parents. The lift was smelly with sweat.

1 comment:

  1. I like your descriptions on your neighbourhood as they were very vivid to me. I especially like the part of kids running around and shouting "Faster! I wanna watch cartoons!" It seems so familiar to me, as me and you were once also like this. The descriptions seem so plesant, and I really hope being there.

    ReplyDelete