Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Story that I read

This morning, while looking through Newsweek during the reading period. I came across an article talking about the knowledge of Americans on their country, America. There was a survey conducted and some shocking results were reported. A shocking news was that 43% of Americans cannot name a US territory, when it is in their homeland. This was pretty shocking to me as I did not expect that people from such an advance country like America to not know about their home country. Also, there was one question about the number of voting members in the House of Representatives. And a shocking statistic that 86% of the people do not know of the answer. Although I do not know what is that, but it is obvious that this is about politics, and it obviously would concern the future of the country. Do this 84% of people not care less?

I don't know. I may not be in position to comment on this. But it was indeed shocking to see this kinda news.

No comments:

Post a Comment